CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

i HATE MAC!!!!! ~ i think hell just froze over....

As you know i purchased a whole lot of makeup recently @ the MAC Pro store in Sydney to add to my kit. Among those purchases was a bottle of MAC Pro Airbrush foundation. I bought ONE bottle (for my own personal use to try out before i stocked my kit with it) and I cannot BELIEVE how inferior this product is in comparison to the Temptu range.....

Sure, the MAC airbrush makeup comes in a bigger package $60 for 50ml as opposed to Temptu $40 for 30ml, but the longevity, colour and finish, pale in comparison.

One of the big issues for me was the dry time. I have a set routine of how i get ready for work every morning.

1> blow dry hair
2> apply primer, then foundation
3> dry foundation with air from airbrush gun
4> powder
5> straighten hair
6>apply rest of makeup

When i use the temptu formula it is already dry by the time i apply the powder.... the MAC formula however is still not dry and the bristles of my brush are covered with the foundation.

Below is a pic of how it looks after applying powder..... (pls excuse the brows, have not been able to get an appointment @ the salon)



as i have limited time in the morning, i have no time to take it all off and start again so i add a little more powder using a puff, hoping that it will some how miraculously solve my problem.. but to no avail. i spend the whole day trying to hide my face at work... a bit hard when you are a receptionist!

during the day i notice that the foundation is worseing in wear throught the day. when i touch my face the foundation just slips right off (unlike the temptu formula which stays put ALL DAY!)

when i got home i was so apalled that i had to take a picture and show you what had happened!!!


HOW DISGUSTING IS THIS???? it's like my pores became giant and swallowed big pools of my foundation....and the worst thing is, is that my temptu foundation ran out yesterday and all i have left is this $h*tty mess of a product.

MAC- you have let me down TWICE now..... the more i buy from there the less i love them... the only thing that i am still in love with are the eyeshadows, and the pro longwear makeup... :(

I only wish there were more reviews of this out there, so i could've saved myself some money... now i have to wait a whole nother fortnight before i can order some temptu... so heart broken..

Hopefully i've saved someone from making the same mistake~!!

0 comments: