CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Konad Nail Art Stamper

What you need is an image plate and the above stamper to do the nail art.

The plate below can make a LOT of different designs once you master it.


I have used this stamper for a while now and have come across a couple of pros and cons.

PROS:

  • Awesome nail art @ basically no cost, just time!
  • The images dry almost instantly so you don't have to wait a LONG time to put on the top coat.
  • No Limits... you r only limited by your imagination as to what you can create.
  • It's FUN! :D

CONS:

  • It can get messy,,,..... like anything practice makes perfect! The small designs are EASY to master but the full plate designs don't always work out. PLUS if you stuff it up you have to take off you colour plus the art and start again which REALLY annoys me!
  • I have quite wide nails and the full designs don't fit my thumb... see pic below! It makes it look quite amateur... which kinda defeats the purpose of the Konad Nail system
  • You need to make sure that you choose a pigmented nail polish in order for the design to work. If it's too thin it won't print.
  • You also need to clean the plate in between stamps otherwise the old nail polish clogs the print and nothing will come out on the stamp/or it will be an incomplete stamp
I still think this is a WORTHY investment and quite fun to do. Once you master it I think it'll be worth it... hopefully i'll get there one day! :D


2ND attempt @ Nail Art

5 comments:

Susie said...

Hi,
I'm following your blog because I'm going to be a Konader after Christmas. :)
I notice you said that if you make a mistake "you have to take off you colour plus the art and start again". I've done a lot of research and some of the girls do a top coat OVER their normal polish and let it dry good before they stamp and if they mess up they just quickly take a swipe on it with a pad soaked 100% acetone and it just wipes the stamping off. It saves a ton of time and you don't feel so bad
about mistakes.
I think they also as regards to the thumb try to fill in by lining up the stamp with what is already there and re-stamp to fill in.
Have a great holiday,
Susie

Jolie said...

that's a really good idea! i didn't think about that... i might have to invest in some acetone...i never have that lying around, it's too expensive!

hope you enjoy konadding your nails when you get the chance! :D

Susie said...

I think I got a 'real' big bottle cheap at Walmart. I think it was under $5.
Have fun,
Susie

Jolie said...

i WISH we had a Walmart.... i live in Australia....we only just got a costco but only one about an 8 hour drive from where i live! ;p

Susie said...

I've heard of Costco but have never seen one.
I wonder if Sally's Beauty Supply ships to where you are? They have it.
:)
Susie