CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 2, 2009

THE PLOT THICKENS!

So for anyone who has read my previous entry you all know about the ordeal I am having with our little friend Melinda Dovishak of Cosmetique-Boutique. She was due to respond to my claim today by using the Paypal Dispute and Complaint Centre but she sent me a private email.

This is what it said:

"Hello, I am not sure if you received my previous emails, but I will let you know the situation.
someone who was friend and fellow cosmetics seller hijacked my pay pal account and now I cannot access it at all to view the dispute
IF I refund your money from another pay pal account will you close the dispute?
I was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks and was unable to respond to your emails. and if you sent any emails they were not read by me but by the person who hijacked my pay pal and ebay accounts
your items did not ship to me from my buyer because this buyer is now under suspicious for selling fake items (even tho all the items I have ever received from her were not fake)
I did not want you to get fake items, so I cancelled my order with this girl and am awaiting a refund for the purchase.
I can send your refund via my NEW pay pal account, so when I do will you close the dispute on the original transaction?
I am soo sorry for this problem, it was not intentional...my account was hijacked and pay pal is working on trying to verify this information.
could you please copy and paste the PAY PAL DISPUTE information and send it to me as I cannot access my account."

First of all....if she can't access her account how did she know that there was a dispute in the first place (i can assume that they sent her details to her email account - if that was the case she should see a claim number too....)

Second - i have a feeling this is a "template" letter as it is very generic and not personalized.

Previously other scammed buyers have also been told that she was in hospital for the past 3 weeks which I find hard to believe. I think she is trying to get some sympathy.

I am wondering if this is how she has been able to keep afloat of it all. By getting people to accept refunds from a separate account so that it doesn't reflect in her Paypal successful transactions rating....

Anyways just a little update and i am SO glad that other people are benefitting from my little mishap. It just means she has less of a chance of conning other people!


Also here is the link to the Ebay guide:

http://reviews.ebay.com.au/PLEASE-DO-NOT-FALL-VICTIM-TO-THIS-SELLER_W0QQugidZ10000000012561940

:D


6 comments:

C. said...

i hope everything works out :(

missmercurylady said...

WOW. I"m sorry to hear all about this. I hope that you'll get you money back and some justification!

Jolie said...

THis is the email recieved this morning............ :S


Here is the tracking information for your package which will require a signature confirmation when delivered

CJ266353295US

As you can clearly see I had every intention of shipping your items, I was delayed because of being in the hospital and could not communicate with you regarding the situation.

I have included 15 very expensive MAC items with your order plus other freebies.

Have a nice day

Melinda

To be honest i just want my money back!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Joanne said...

AND THE PLOT GETS EVEN SICKER!!

I have also rev'd a phone call from Melinda who gave me a similar story as your email. She promised to western union me a refund this evening by 5 pm if I would drop the claim w/the DA's office.

I have been busy today getting ready for a vacation w/my children, and this is consuming so much of my time! I waited to see if she would hold to her word. It is now 7:40 EST and once again Melinda is no were to be found.

To Jolina...as for your package being shipped on the the day your claim was supposed to close, I would contact pay pal.

PRETTY SUSPICIOUS!!

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you DO NOT accept this package, for you do not know what the contents will be. This is exactly what she did to me.

Once again, we need to leave it up to the authorities to stop this vicious cycle.

Sincerely,
Joanne

Jolie said...

Joanne> did you get a payment????

I just got off the phone with Paypal and they are telling me that i SHOULD accept the package and check that everything is ok. THen once i do and if it is incorrect, that's when the claim will be escalated once more.

I don't really know what to do! :S.... too much going on!

I DO want to believe that she had every intention of doing right by us but there are too many discrepencies in the whole situation.......

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.